Tuesday 8 January 2013

Lip Service


How does God feel when He gets given lip service (they praise me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me)?? Have you ever asked yourself this question??
Let me put it to you differently... How do you feel when you get lip service from someone??
For me: I have people who either tell me or my husband that they love me... BUT, by their actions and words I can see clearly that what they are saying is not the facts! And they are in effect, lying to me! And this upsets me! I would rather have them tell me the truth, "I don't actually love you, I just want to see if you will believe me!", "I don't love you, I just don't feel like telling you the truth!", or, "I don't love you, you are too intimidating and I lack the spinal column to actually say what I really do think about you. So its easier for me if I offer you hollow,empty and patronising words that will only cause more harm than good!"
Do ya see my point?
God is not a man that He can be mocked! He knows everyones hearts, motives and thoughts! Do you really think you can sit there in that church seat and sing songs and say stuff you have no intention of following through...
There is a popular song (one I quite enjoy) the lyrics are "I'll praise You in this storm, and I will lift my hands..." But do you really? When troubles come, do you find yourself panicking or praying? In the good times, do you take time to offer thanks or do you take it all for granted?
When you sing songs in church, do you actually mean it? Could it be that you are offering lip service to the God who created you?
When you tell someone you will pray for them, do you actually follow through on that? I never used to! It was kind of a way to get them to shut up about their problems! Now, I do my best to pray for people when I say I will! Sometimes God stops me, because what I've prayed for is not what they need! God knows what they need, I don't! I just do my best to listen to him! But, I've gotten off subject!
Lip service! Its nasty! You've more than likely been dished up some lip service in your time!
Think about how it made you feel! Then ask yourself, honestly, if you do the same to God!
Maybe you need to do a little soul searching! Its for the better!
Turn your heart back to God, humble yourself and seek His face! (This is called repentance from sin - we all need to do it every now and then, which can be more often than we think!)

No comments: