Monday 21 January 2013

its a fight that is worth fighting

Maintaining your relationship with God, daily, can be a very tough struggle, but it is well worth the effort! Reading His word, praying and worshiping Him are all things that need time that has been specifically set aside! Sometimes we are called to fast - but not from food! Sometimes its from things that swallow up our time!
In this world where things take over, we need to make sure we are spending time with God, not only telling Him about our needs, but listening to what He has to say to us! Easier said than done!
Our stand-in temporary pastor, started a meeting at church of a Saturday night and called it "Waiting On God" - this was specifically once a week for the church to come together to spend time in worship, praying and specifically waiting on God, for what He had to say to us! Out of doing this, God challenged me... "How can you know the difference between an over-dressed wolf and my sheep if you do not read My word and pray?" I was doing neither of these... Just trying to get by listening to a little of the word on a Sunday morning and at Wednesday night bible study! So I started! What a joke! I suddenly discovered that I had absolutely no time to do any reading or praying - life suddenly got extremely busy! I told God that I can't do it, I have no time! So He replied, get up earlier, and go to bed earlier! Now, I'm not a morning person by a long shot! I prefer to sleep! I'm more of a night owl! Staying up late, but not having any time! Strange that!
So a huge shock to my system later, I'm now mostly getting up at 5am! And I'm mostly reading Gods word and praying! Its still a struggle some days, and to be honest, I still forget to do it some days! Life still gets in the way!
However, I've noticed a small change in me, my attitude and my understanding of Gods word! Not that I'm any form of scholar!
I certainly recommend going to bed an hour earlier and getting up an hour earlier, to sit quietly and pray!
I do know that some peoples brains don't function well early in the morning! So maybe, it would be better for you to pray about it! Make the effort to schedule in an hour - no excuses, cause if you make any excuses, don't bother starting! Its a commitment - either - yes you will do it - or - no you won't do it!
Jesus never made excuses to get out of dying on the cross - so why should you make excuses about why you can't pray or read His word??
Jesus never said He would try or make an attempt at dying on the cross -He said He would do it if it was Gods will (which it was).
How are you going to know what Gods specific will for you is if you don't pray, seek His face and read His word? The simple answer is -you're not! You're not going to know what He says about you, you're not going to know what He wants you to do, you're not going to be an effective ambassador for Him! Ditch the excuses! Get praying!
Yes its a struggle, press in to God more! The harder it becomes the more you need to do it! Remember, if you are doing something that is going to aid in the growth and strengthening of your relationship with God, then the devil is going to do everything he can to stop you! Ask God for wisdom, discernment and strength to stand! God has a tendency to answer honest and sincere prayers, if they are for things in His will!
You look after your physical body, its about time you started looking after your spiritual body! (man/woman does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God)! Let your yes be yes, and your no be no - you can't sit on the fence when it comes to matters of the heart! (the devil owns the fence.)
This is a war zone, the battle is over every living person, the ones past and the ones to come! Stand up, be counted and get into it! Everyone has a job to do! Pray and ask God what your job is!

No comments: