Wednesday 2 January 2013

amazingly beautiful

1 Therefore, if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort provided by love, any fellowship in the Spirit, any affection or mercy, 2 complete my joy and be of the same mind, by having the same love, being united in spirit, and having one purpose. 3 Instead of being motivated by selfish ambition or vanity, each of you should, in humility, be moved to treat one another as more important than yourself. 4 Each of you should be concerned not only about your own interests, but about the interests of others as well. 5 You should have the same attitude toward one another that Christ Jesus had, 6 who though he existed in the form of God did not regard equality with God as something to be grasped, 7 but emptied himself by taking on the form of a slave, by looking like other men, and by sharing in human nature. 8 He humbled himself, by becoming obedient to the point of death - even death on a cross! 9 As a result God exalted him and gave him the name that is above every name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow - in heaven and on earth and under the earth - 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.
Philippians 2:1-11 (NET)
This displays the kind of God we have! He did all this for us!
I think that finding a little time each day to spend with our God is something we should all try to do more of!
I know that, for me, waking up early, as I have recently started doing, is a sacrifice! I love my sleep! Yet, for getting up earlier and reading a little bit of His word and doing a little bit of praying has made me feel physically healthier! I'm still learning, and there are sections of scripture, that make no sense to me, but I am willing to try to learn! And isn't that the point? Spend time with God! He created each of us, He knows how we tick, He can therefore educate us on His book! We need that desire. And I know that after reading this particular passage, seeing what Jesus laid down for us (granted, not having been in heaven, I can't exactly get my head entirely around how it was for him), but seeing that He laid it all down for us, to show us how to lay everything we have down for Him! What greater thing in life is there??
What is man that tho art mindful of him? We must be something really special for the Son of God to step down out of heaven, become a human, live on earth, get beaten, tortured and, finally crusified by those He came to save, ask God to forgive us all, and then go back to heaven in order to daily pray for us! Can we not find an hour to pray with Him?? Can we not find some time to worship Him? Can we not spend some time giving Him thanks for all He has done??
What's it gonna take for you to go and pray?

No comments: