Wednesday 2 January 2013

challenge

I was reading an article late last year, where a guy decided to do a challenge where he would get up early, do a little exercise and then get to work! (He works for himself which means, he has no set "you must be at work..."!)
I had been going to a thing our pastor calls "Waiting on God" and one of the things that God had challenged me on was my lack of reading His word! Then I read about this little challenge, and God kinda said, "Do it!" So I started out! Yes, it was hard! But getting up for prayer on a Tuesday mornings made it a little easier!
One of the verses that challenged me was where Jesus took some desciples aside and said pray with me, then He went a little further and prayed, then on returning to them, He found them sleeping... He asked them the question, could you not pray with me an hour?? My honest answer is no! I've tried and I come sadly short of that mark!! But that hasnt stopped me trying!
So I challenge you, get up an hour early and spend some time reading the Word and praying, see how it makes you feel!
I feel refreshed, and healthier for my efforts! I'm sure I could do more... Its my attempt to build a lasting and meaningful relationship with my Creator!
If you take up the challenge, let me know how you are going! :)

No comments: