Thursday 28 November 2013

Worship in spite of...

To say that I have been somewhat emotional for the last 2-3 weeks is an understatement. There's been a lot happening (of which I won't get into here).

My point is that in spite of the crap, we need to choose to worship! No matter how we feel inside!

Choosing to do this is no easy feat! In the old testament we read that David spent 7 days on his face praying for his son. His son still died. Then we read that David got up, washed himself, changed his clothes and went into the house of the Lord and worshipped! Its an easy thing to read. But its not so easy to do! I know this from personal experience.

Its a matter of being intensional! Choosing to do it in spite of...

Right now, for me, with everything that has been happening - worshipping is the last thing I feel like doing! Especially because 90% of the time I end up in tears. But, I still try! Why? Because it is a sacrifice. It is me, putting aside all the crap, pain and other stuff, and saying to God, "here I am, in spite of all this, I am still trying to come to You!"

So, next time you go through a crap time, or emotional, painful time, try and step into Gods presence and see what happens!

May Gods blessings shower down upon you. And may you be coated in the dust of your Rabbi!

No comments: