Sunday 24 November 2013

Communion

Don't ya hate it when things come back to haunt you? When things you think long dead and past start walking around in your head as if they happened yesterday!
Life has a way of resurrecting dead crap!

On the 19 of November, just a few days ago, we had, although we didn't realise it, due to being so busy, the 6th anniversary or birthday of Abiah. Then the following day Razzy needed to be put down. All that with the sorting and processing of about 2000 wedding photos.

Stress and emotions do not mix! At least, not very well!

My point in this is Jesus.
Without Him, the emotional turmoil alone would have had me spiralling out of control.

Who would have guessed that when God says He will not give so much that we can not bear it, it would be true? Who would have guessed that when lifes storms roll in, Jesus is there to calm us!

What He did, was more than die for salvation and removal of sin and sickness.

What he did was for relationship. He holds us in the storm, when everything feels like its turned to crap, He is there.

After Razin died, one thing I said was "Oh death, where is your sting? Through the turmoil, I have peace!" Why? Not because I was suddenly fine. But because of God!

I handed my sick little kitty into His care. I handed my unborn child into His care. And He said, "thank you, I can handle this, you go over there, sit down, ball your eyes out for a while. We've gotten you through these painful times before. Remember? You didn't just survive Exavier. You lived and you grew. Growing time is upon you. Learn to trust Me. You're allowed to cry. Its not just a six year old memory of a child you never got to meet. Its not just a cat. These are lifes storms. Even the walking undead stuff that comes up occasionally! Together, we will get you through this.
This is why I did what I did. Not just for your sins. Not just for your health. For your relationship.
You love your children. You love your cat. And all that pales in comparison to what I have for you."

Life comes out of death.

Eat, drink and count your blessings.
 

No comments: