Wednesday 13 November 2013

Need and want. For and with.

There is a distinct difference between need and want!

For example: I want a new car! I dont need a new car, because the car I have gets me from A to B and back again! It won't go everywhere I want it to, like 4wd tracks and out bush... But it works, and so far has proven to be reliable! Thus I dont need a new car, I just happen to want one! A bigger one with 4wd capability!

Here's something that some might find shocking... God doesn't need us!

I'm going to say that again! God doesn't need us!

Instead - God wants us!

This is shown in the very fact that when Adam and Eve did their thing in the garden, God let the live! He didn't wipe out their very existence and start over. He went searching for them, He had a plan, not only for them, but for us!

He wanted us, and He still wants us!

Here's something else - God is not for us!

So, He neither needs us nor is for us! What are we to do then? Well, in all honesty, we can't really do anything!

If we try getting to him through our own self-righteousness, we fail. Because that is like dirty rags to God! (Some have said, and I'm no theologian, so I don't know for sure, that when it says dirty rags, it means the menstrual rags of a woman - and that's almost vomit worthy to me, and I'm not God!)

So, self-righteousness won't cut it!

How do we get to God then? Because being good is essentially self-righteousness!

The Holy Spirit woos us. Because Jesus did something totally shocking. God allowed it! And it was the only way for us to get to heaven! The Father wants us to come to Him, by way of the Holy Spirit, through Jesus!

So, if you want to get to heaven, you better go find Jesus! He can help you!

And by the way - when God wants something, He won't stop persuing it until He gets it! So if you are wanted by God, you're in good company! And He is gentle!

Yes, He did everything in the old testament. Yes, He is essentially a warlord. Its called passion in the extreme, as only God can do it! He is a jealous God. And He can get rather angry! However, going by personal experience, if He is wooing, then He is so very gentle, and will turn up in the least expected of places!

For me, it was my lounge room! Dark, and full of demons, the stench of hell was rather thick, yet God turned up! In the midst of my filth, crap and sin, God stepped in. His words to me when I asked why are you here - BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!
Now that's called wooing! Id had all kinds of humans telling me that God loved me! I didn't believe them, and I even refused to speak to some of them! So, God decided on a personal visit! He didn't need to! He WANTED to! Did He like what I was doing? Not a bit! Did He like me? You bet! He liked me so much that He went on the hunt, as I ran and tried to Hide from Him, He hunted me! He did not relent one single bit (for which I am most happy)! He was gentle, and kind! Which was what I needed but didn't want!

If He for me? No! Is He with me? Yes!

For and with are like need and want!

I need to want Him, I need to be for Him! Because He wants me and He is with me!

How about you?

May Gods blessings shower down upon you. And may you be coated in the dust of your Rabbi!

No comments: