Wednesday 16 October 2013

Is that what God says? Re-visited

In my post Is that what God says? I asked about when casting out demons - do you send them to "uninhabited places"? If so, where in the bible did Jesus, or anyone else do that? I got an answer... with two links... Both of which I read... the first one, when demons leave where do they go (I'm not really sure I agree with this one - it seems to have a lot of unnecessary fluffery), and the second one, Where do you send demons?. Now my understanding is that Jesus simply cast demons out and the only instance I can find of him sending them anywhere was legion... 

So following my logic - it is more scriptural to send a demon into a herd of pigs than it is to send them to uninhabited places!

I've recently had some ministry time and the demons that were hanging around me were either cast OFF or AWAY... no direction as to where to go (and the people who did this ministry have been doing it for longer than I have been alive!)

I happen to like and agree with what was said in the second link... "When you cast out a spirit all you need is a simple direct command to tell it to leave in the name of Jesus Christ.  You do not need to tell it where to go as it will not stay there anyway.  Does the Bible not say that satan prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. If you are concerned about demons lingering in your home at the completion of Ministry, simply command all demons to leave your home in the name of Jesus Christ when you are done".

Its to the point. And of all the prayers the Holy Spirit has given me, they have always been short and to the point and He has never said to send a demon here or there or anywhere else! Its just been to cast it out and tell it to go!

From my experience, demons have minds of there own, they're not about to stay where you send them! And I have seen many documentaries of beautiful uninhabited landscapes - why would I want to fill those beautiful places with big fat ugly sulphur smelling demons?? 

I have a list of other things I want to get sorted out, to know what is scriptural and what is simply mans teaching and doctrine! The challenge is to find out what God is saying as opposed to mans doctrine that has been tacked on.

May Gods blessings shower down upon you. And may you be coated in the dust of your Rabbi!

No comments: