Sunday 29 September 2013

Where does that fit in the grand scheme of things?

At the moment I have flu-like symptoms ... Not nice, but nothing I can't handle ... Yet I woke up in the early hours of today (2.30am or there abouts) with a rather strange thought in my head! It went something along the lines of "if you go there you'll never get sick again, its ok to do it, I will help you!" I had a distinct sense of suicide. Not the best thought in the world. But a thought none the less! I said to myself, I'm not that desperate!

I suddenly had the understanding of why some do go there! It is simply an idea planted in their head by something that is nasty! And the pressure applied to them by this nasty being can get excruciating.

I know that others have other reasons, I'm not wanting to get into that. I'm not qualified to go there, nor do I want to! Suicide is a tough and painful thing. Especially for those left behind.

The question I have is, where does it fit in the grand scheme of things? Psalm 139 clearly states that all the days of my life were ordained for me, before one of them came to be. And I know that we have free will. Do we have free will to over-ride the ordained number of days set for us, and depart this life early? Or, is it set that, because God knows the future and the outcome of our decisions, is it that suicide is how some will end their life?

I'm not trying to debate if we loose or gain salvation by going down this road. Only God knows what goes on in a persons head in their last few moments in this life! I'm just wanting to know if it was ordained for some? If that is how they were designed to end?

And for the record, I'm not going there... I tried that once, and God intervened... I figure He has something in mind for me...

Now, I think I might try and go back to sleep!

May Gods blessings shower down upon you. And may you be coated in the dust of your Rabbi!

No comments: