Monday 16 September 2013

Neither for nor against...

Recently it was brought to my attention where a guy rocked up to Joshua, and Joshua vowed down to worship (he wasn't stopped, so the assumption is that this guy was God), but Joshua said to him, are you for us or against us!
That is a huge question, especially if thus guy is God!

We know that every time we read about encounters with angels, and someone goes to worship them, the angels stop the worship! But in the case of Joshua, this does not happen... The guy allows the worship! Conclusion, this guy is God! A member of the God head! I'm not going to debate - because I dont know which one!

God answers Joshua - NEITHER! Think of the implications of that one statement - NEITHER! God is neither for is, nor is He against us!

For years I had been taught that God is for me! I have come to the understanding that being with me, is not necessarily being for me! I have to be for God and His will! He is not for my will, UNLESS, my will matches His will! My ideas are not his ideas, my thoughts are not His thoughts... God is not a man, blown around by whatever circumstances come His way! He is the same yesterday, today and forever! He is for Himself!

He won't let anything come my way that I can't handle (with Him)! He is outside my circumstances, whilst being thoroughly knowledgeable, understanding and concerned with my circumstances! He wants my heart to be inline with His, then, I am for Him! Then, I am on His side! I am on the same page as He is, then my plans will work, because they are His plans! Those are the plans He has for me, plans to prosper me and not to harm me, plans to give me a hope and a future - IF I seek Him with ALL my heart! IF I am wiling to trust Him with my everything!

Wow! (Sorry, this is kinda a new thing for me! I need some time to take this in!)

Things make more sense if I understand at the beginning, that God is neither for nor against me! He won't stand in my way, but if I do something that is displeasing to Him, then He won't support it!

Its funny how one little word can change your perspective and bring clarity!

Neither!

May Gods blessings shower down upon you. And may you be coated in the dust of your Rabbi!

No comments: