Thursday 12 September 2013

My journey so far!

I'm going to start somewhere in the recent history of me! :)

Before my pastor decided to retire from being a pastor, I started to get a little discontent with my life!

I felt like I was just going to church and not actually being part of it! This lead me to start praying for me and my relationship with God! Little did I know my pastor was going to make his announcement and little did I know what changes lie ahead for me! (Ha ha - isn't it amazing how God works?!)

With the changes in church came opportunities! I started going to the 6am prayer meeting! (I'm a night owl, so getting up that early is a miracle for me!) And strangely, I somehow became the one who runs the 6am prayer meeting! (And in doing this, I feel so far out of my depth it isn't funny!)

Before all this, a particular lady in church kept telling me I had a ministry! Now, me being me, and not really liking the idea of having a ministry (simply because in my time in church the word ministry has been used and abused and no longer meant what it was supposed to mean), I decided I was not having anything to do with a "ministry"! All I wanted to do was serve God in some small invisible way in church!

Anyway, this lady kept telling me that I have this ministry! And the bizarre thing was she seemed to think that I knew what it was! I had no idea, but I didn't tell her that! I just prayed that God would either tell her I wasn't going down that road, or that He would tell me what on earth this ministry thing was!

Its funny how God works, He's slowly been revealing little bits to me and the lady is still telling me I have a ministry!

So, where am I going with this?

A week or so ago, I wrote a blog post (http://australianwatcheronthewall.blogspot.com.au/2013/09/as-vague-as-it-gets.html) because I had this vague idea in my head, but I also had this other thing going on and I really needed some prayer as to what to focus on and what to do!

Another lady prayed and God gave her an answer, to which I gave her an even vaguer answer which was nothing short of confusing! And then a short time later I got a second answer... Thus, I got some direction!

The details are still vague to me! I guess God does that so I don't get too excited and run ahead, or get too overwhelmed and run away!

Anyways, this ministry thing has something to do with prayer (lots of it), helping people get set free, more prayer, a huge amount of worship, and some teaching, and some other fun/scary stuff! Of course, I can not do all of that! (I told God this, that to do such a thing, I would need a team, I've had no clear answer on that yet!)

I'm going to be having my first "official" lot of prayer ministry training in October!

Of course, I'm still seeking Him for more details! (I like to know what I'm meant to be doing, at least a loose guideline! Whilst flying by the seat of ones pants is thrilling, exhilarating and just plain scary,  it's not my most prefered mode of transport!)

So, I ask, that IF you hear Gods voice (and only IF you hear Gods voice), and IF you pray according to Gods will, please pray for me! I NEED to know Gods will, but more than that, I NEED to Gods presence! And I NEED to hear HIS voice to know what and where and when and how! While I have the go ahead, I need to have some details!

Oh, one other thing... Lately, God has had me asking Him for providence, influence and favour... He had me look up the meanings of these three words!

Providence- care or preparation in advance; foresight.
- prudent management; economy.
- the care, guardianship, and control exercised by a deity; divine direction.
- a manifestation of divine care or direction.

Influence- a power affecting a person, thing, or purse of events, especially one that operates without any direct or apparent effort.

Favour- an act of gracious kindness.
- bestow a privilege upon.
- an advantage to the benefit of someone or something.

"Come away with Me, its not to late for you, I have a plan for you, its gonna be wild, its gonna be great, its gonna be full of Me!"

May Gods blessings shower down upon you. And may you be coated in the dust of your Rabbi!

No comments: