Saturday 20 April 2013

Not a good night

Last night was not a good night! I had a rather nasty dream (the details of which I won't go into), then, the paranoia kicked in. The overwhelming fear of absolutely nothing was exceedingly strong. At first I thought I could handle it. But it just got stronger! It didn't help me that the neighbours decided to choose that night to have a drunken conversation outside, and the dog was running around barking and growling at anything that moved, the cat was playing with noisy things and my husband decided to try a new sounding snore. I was tired, freaked out from that dream and just not feeling emotionally great! I knew what I needed to do, but, as usual, I thought I could handle it myself... But no! That line of action failed as the fear grew! All the while I'm telling myself that all this fear is unrealistic and just plain not needed! But I was in its grip! Somehow I plucked up the courage to grab my "secret weapon"! My mp3 player - holding several hours of God praising music! Over the last 11years, I have found the best (for me) way of overcoming fear, is to worship God! You can't be fearful whilst worshiping God! It just doesn't work! If only the worlds psychiatrists would tell people that overcoming fear (which is what the majority of lifes issues are based on) is as simple as worshipping their Creator! But the world doesn't work like that! Sadly. By the way, I'm not telling anyone to stop taking medication - I'm just saying that if you are experiencing and fear based issue, maybe you could try getting to know your Creator! His name is Jesus Christ - and if you let Him, He will set you free!

No comments: