Friday 19 April 2013

untitled - because I couldnt think of a title!

I've been reading a book: Get Well and Stay Well – Jane Stevenson... (Jane Stevenson website)

Now I understand that there are many people who will tell me that I am wasting my time and Gods time by reading stuff about nutrition and general health. I have my reasons...

Reason 1: God wants us to be healthy... We know this because Jesus himself healed many! So... if God wants us to be healthy – we should do our best to make sure that happens! I can not be praying for others if I'm in line being prayed for! Besides, we are the temple of the Holy Spirit, it is our duty to look after our body!

Reason 2: If I am sick, tired, weak, in hospital, I'm obviously not going to be where I was designed to be! So, if I do my best to make sure I am healthy, and if I rely on God for the rest – because I'm only human and cant do everything... then I'm going to be a lot free-er to do what God tells me to do! Logical - I think yes!

I believe that correct nutrition goes hand in hand with Communion and life in general! God made various vitamins and minerals, and He made the human body to require and function properly with these vitamins and minerals! So, my logic says, if I make sure I'm getting the right balance of vitamins and minerals, then I am less likely to get sick, therefore I am more able to my particular job! Which means that my brain will function properly to be able to think straight and write blog posts, and share what God is saying to me, in a way that people can understand! It also means that as a photographer, I will have the energy to do my job!

And another thing I like about reading this book (aside from its logic) is that it is showing the physical body and God has been showing me the spiritual and emotional parts!

Take Elijah House Ministries – they deal with ones emotional and spiritual issues (and on occasion physical issues get dealt with in the process, because some physical issues are caused by ones emotional and spiritual state). They pray in order to seek the underlying root cause of a particular issue. There is no band-aid solution with them. You deal with the root cause, and while that may be painful, it solves the problem and eventually the symptoms of the problem fade away, because the problem is no longer there!

You go to a Dr. because you are physically sick. He/She gives you some medication... This often, but not always, is a band-aid solution to the actual problem... If you knew the underlying root cause of a physical problem – you'd seek the solution, right?

So, if you are having nightly calf muscle cramps, would you want “solution a” or “solution b”?

Solution A: Quinine sulphate... Which, while for a short time, looks like its solved the problem, doesn't actually fix the root problem... The underlying problem still exists and slowly becomes worse...

Solution B: Magnesium – this makes the muscles relax naturally along with solving the underlying issue of the magnesium deficiency... Problem solved. Symptoms go away!

Solving the root issue saves a lot of heart ache, physical pain and financial pain! We do it in prayer ministry, so why not with our physical bodies?

Now I'm not trying to diminish Gods strength and power to heal us. What I am saying it that if we use the brains God gave us, and the vitamins and minerals God gave us – we would not suffer quite so much!

Granted. This world is a fallen, broken world and sometimes, for reasons we know nothing about – natural remedies fail us, that is when God can and often does step in and either changes our perspective on life or outright heals us! Either way – we come out better off!

Whats your thought?

No comments: