Saturday 23 February 2013

What God calls blessed, let no man or woman call cursed.

What God has blessed, let no man or woman curse!
Look at it this way - I am saved by grace through the blood of Jesus. So therefore I am the righteousness of Christ, therefore I am blessed! So, I have a little toe that decides to get in my way and cause itself pain by being kicked, caught on things and just generally hurting! Should I then, curse it because it refuses to work properly? No! I don't have the right to call what is blessed, cursed! That's not my place! Only God can do that! And because when He looks at me, He sees in me what His Son did, and I am therefore righteous - so He calls me blessed!
I could do the same thing for my womb... It has produced two beautiful and amazing daughters for me, then something went wrong, I conceived a third child and at 13 weeks gestation, I had a miscarriage. Its been 5 years of waiting and hoping. Should I therefore give up on my womb (which God calls blessed) and curse it?? Do I really want a curse in my body? Hell no! Do I have the right to curse it? Hell no! God calls it blessed because He calls me blessed. I have various other body parts I could do the same for... My right wrist, the muscles that control the focus of my eyes, my back... All of these bits of me are blessed because God decreed it to be so!
Its the same with all of you who are saved by through faith with the blood of the Lamb! Jesus died on a cross so everyone could be in relationship with the Father! His body was broken for our health... Are we going to believe that? Or are we going to try to live with the pain of self professed curses? Do we have the right to tell Jesus that what He did isn't good enough, that we have to curse various parts of us because we have decreed that they don't work properly? Because we haven't been given healing the way we demanded? What if you prayed for something (I'll pick on the idea of having children, because this is one of my areas that I need to continue to work through)... You say God hasnt promised you more children. What if God wants you in childrens ministry. Your desire is to have more children. What about adoption? What about ... God can work miracles, in more ways then one! And the miracle we are demanding, may not be the one He wants to give us!
We need to go to Him, seek Him, listen to what He has to say - no matter how painful His answer might be! Talking with Him is the only way we will ever become content with what we already have!

No comments: