Thursday 21 February 2013

I will never leave you nor forsake you

I just watched a documentary (Great Migrations) and in the part I watched, it was of a young zebra stallion and a recently born colt who's mother had died! As the story goes, the stallion eventually leads the colt away from his dead mother and the scavengers feasting on her... It spoke to me of what God does for us. He gently encourages us to step away from our dead-end lives and follow Him to fresh, safe pastures. All the while reminding us of His promise, "I will never leave you, nor forsake you."


The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
He makes me lies down in green pastures.
He leads beside still waters.
He restores my soul and guides my path in righteousness for His names sake.
Surely goodness and loving kindness shall follow me all the days of my life.
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever and ever and ever.
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will not fear, thou art with me! Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
Thou anointest my head with oil, my cups overflowing.
Surely goodness and loving kindness shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever and ever and ever.
The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want. (Keith Greens version of Psalm 23.)

No comments: