Thursday 14 February 2013

Communion Prayer

Lord, I thank you for everything that you did for me. I thank you that you died on the cross, that while there you not only died for my salvation and redemption, but you also died for my health. You took all my sickness, infirmity, and weakness. You took my sore toes, my crazy lumpy ears, my blurry eyes, and my barrenness!
Lord, I decided last night that I would take communion every day for a month, to see for myself the results, not that I want it to be any form of incantation or spell, but that I want to see for myself what these people are talking about! I want to have understanding and wisdom in this, I can not tell others, if I do not have understanding and revelation! And I don't feel that I have any of that at this point in time.
So Lord, I ask that you give me wisdom and understanding.
I thank you Lord that your body was broken for my health, wholeness  and wellbeing.
Thank you Lord that your blood was poured out for my salvation and redemption and restoration of my relationship with my Father in heaven.
Thank you Lord, for giving me another way to start my day, with You in mind and focus!
Lord, this feels so foreign to me. I never really understood communion, and I'm not sure I do yet! To be honest, I'm not sure if I ever will. But I will try. The next month should hopefully help in building my understanding and knowledge of communion!
I once asked, "how many messages can a person preach on communion?" yet it seems that it is the foundation of everything else. Was I that wrong? Teach me Lord, give me wisdom, discernment and understanding.
Amen.

No comments: