Sunday 10 February 2013

Leadership

Part of leadership is sacrifice. Going that extra little bit to make sure things work. This is something that I have been thinking about for a little while now, since having a few responsibilities handed over to me!
I remember discussing with God one day about how I didn't seem to have a "job" in the church! That was how I felt. It was as if I was coming to church and simply taking up room! Then we had a change of pastor, and I adopted the temporary one as dad and his wife as mum. I was still having these discussions with God, when I kinda had a sneaking suspicion that I was being trained up for something... But it was only a suspicion! And now that we have a new pastor, I'm being given more responsibility! And I feel the very strong need to give the pastor and his wife as much support as possible. So for me, that means that making sure the church announcements are up to date and correct, and that the pastors power point actually displays correctly, and that the lyrics for the musicians are up and in their proper order for the peoples ease of worship! Minor jobs, but if you screw up it is soooo noticeable! Time is needed to make sure everything is right! This morning I loaded the sermon power point and it didn't look right. At that point I didn't know what it was supposed to look like, but the text was smooshed to one side and half of the slides were blank... If I hadn't have checked it, then there would have been problems at sermon time!
The point I am trying to make is that, no matter what size your job is... Do it to the best of your ability! Come an extra five minutes early to do that pre-check or whatever! It will save time and embarrassment! And if you've read the parable of the talents... You'll actually is a small way be using the talents the Master gave you!
Sacrifice and dedication are part of the leaders characteristics! Build them into your life!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen, yes, awesome post