Thursday 3 April 2014

Another communion message.

I cant see Christ in me, so how the hell is anyone else suppoded to see Christ in me?

So much for the relentless pursuit of who God created me to be! Sometimes I feel like a fraud.  

People tell other people about me, and its "all good"! What am I, super human? Think I need to take "super human" out the back and shoot her before she starts causing me trouble! How can it all be good? Or is it that people dont see my failings, or is it more that they dont want to? The only thing good about me is God! How can it all be good?   Does God speak of me as being "all good"? What does He have to say about this? What is His opinion?  

I am saved by grace, through Christ, to be set free. And when I am free, I shall be free indeed! - What does that really mean, in reality? Is that a bunch of meaningless words that have, over time become a boring, meaningless cliché? What does saved look like? What does free look like? And who am I that I should receive abundant unmerrited favour, also known as grace?? What was it that caused Almighty God to look upon me with grace? And dont tell me, love! Because even that is becomming cliché!

There is something more to it all, something deeper, hard to explain, because human understanding is too pathetic to comprehend its deepth. English fails me and that causes huge problems because it is my only language! Though, I doubt that any other language would be much help when it comes to the things of God!  

Do I really understand saved? Is it just from sin or is it more than that? Saved from myself, maybe! That would be a good place to start! Salvation... To end all offerings for sin! To set me free ... From sin! Seems a lot of pain and suffering on both Jesus and His Father, for a simple once and for all sin offering! There has to be more to it!   Is there the remote possibility that Jesus went through hell on earth - being that He who knew no sin, was made to be sin, separated from His Father, for a bunch of people who couldnt really care less - in order to bring heaven to earth?

It is said that the here and now is the only hell some will ever experience, while the here and now is the only heaven others will experience! Is our being save, set free indeed, and granted abundant unmerrited favour, because we are meant to get off our butts and show this mud ball a little slice of heaven, in the here and now?  

When we eat and drink, what are we actually partaking of? A sip of liquid, and a biscuit, or is it something more profound? Have we opened our eyes to see exactly what Jesus is doing? Or have we pulled down the shades, because the light of God is too bright? Are we willing to walk where our Rabbi is going? Are we covered in the dust of His feet because we are following Him so closely, not wanting to miss a step.

What have we missed out on, because we think that the here and now is all there is? Where is Jesus leading each of us? Are we willing to lay down our lives and follow?  

Lord I ask that we, Your people will have the guts, courage, and determination to follow You wherever You lead us. Because this life is not about us, but about You.  

Cheers!

May Gods blessings shower down upon you. And may you be coated in the dust of your Rabbi!

Australian Watcher On The Wall
http://australianwatcheronthewall.blogspot.com.au

No comments: