Thursday 27 March 2014

The traditional view point of heaven...

I have been thinking...

Why is the traditional view of heaven a huge bunch of people spending eternity worshipping God?

I think my thoughts are getting dangerous...

I don't want to spend eternity stuck in a room with a bunch of people singing a bunch of songs!

Why was I created to be creative, if that's all I'm going to be doing!?

Why do I have struggles in the here and now if eternity is going to be singing?

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with singing and worshipping God, I just feel the need to get out doors and do something.

I want to see stars getting born, I want to create a tree...

What is the point of a new earth if we are spending eternity in the throne room worshipping God?

The traditional view of heaven is somewhat limiting and boring. It also renders the struggles and lessons of the here and now to be pointless and meaningless.

Why tell me that there will be a new heaven amd a new earth if I am destined to be stuck in a throne room for eternity?

I know that some will believe that I've over stepped the boundaries in asking these questions and making these statements... But my God is big enough to handle even the toughest human questioning!

Back to the tree thing... I want to spend some time with my Father (not my earthly one, cause he cant create trees), learning how to make a tree. And a tree, whilst it is a living thing, is not sentient, so I won't be creating any future trouble!

Eternity spent singing songs seems a waste of the creative potential, not only of us, but of God as well. And it feels like this narrow view of heaven has put, us, heaven and God in a ridiculously small box!

The last "box" God was in, He busted out of tearing the temple curtain in half... Boxes and God don't seem to go so well together! The traditional human box view of heaven is a little too small. At least for me!

Its something to think about.

May Gods blessings shower down upon you. And may you be coated in the dust of your Rabbi!

Australian Watcher On The Wall
http://australianwatcheronthewall.blogspot.com.au

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm thinking we'll be creative in heaven while still worshipping our beloved Father god. We are kings, so we will have to rule and resign over something, even while we worship, for doing that will be part of our worship!