Saturday 22 March 2014

John 13:34-35

John 13:34–35 – “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Really? Do we really act like that? In all honesty and fairness - I don't think so...

Skip on over to the favourite "social" hang out place for some... Check out the amount of hate crap you see... Hang on a second - that person who put that hate crap up claims to be a disciple of Jesus... well, ya coulda fooled me - oh, I guess you did!

Now, before you go hating me... I'd like to say something...

In my research for starting (and continuing) my business, I read that we have somewhere between 1 and 7 SECONDS to make an impact, a lasting impression!

So when I see this hate stuff, it leaves an impression the impression of - what the hell is the Jesus disciple telling me?

Now, I know that there is theology into backing up why people do this... but in 1-7 SECONDS, I aint gonna hang around long enough to hear it! I don't like what I see, so I move right along as quick as possible... With the question hanging over the head of other person "what is this Jesus disciple doing?" And if I see this stuff enough, I start wondering "is this 'Jesus disciple' really a Jesus disciple?"

Now, don't get me wrong, Jesus didn't sit back and take crap! He made for himself a whip, tossed tables and got angry.  He shared some very strong words with some very religious people. Brood of vipers - comes to mind!

But all the time He was what? FRIEND OF SINNERS!

So, that person in the street who is homosexual - Jesus is His friend - but he doesn't believe that! Why? Because the "Jesus disciples" have gotten him mixed up with his sin!

Oops... instead of inviting him to dinner and feeding him till he is stuffed, then being generous and offering more, and talking about the weather, and "my what a lovely pair of shoes", and asking him if there is anything we can do for him...

We tell him how much of a screwed up, warped, twisted, disgusting, stench ridden sinner he is!

What is his lasting impression? "Those moronic christians hate me, why would I want anything to do with their god? They don't give a rats ass about what happens to me, they just tell me what deep down I already know, but don't want to admit! They don't care that inside me is a lot of pain. To them, and their god, I'm a waste of space, a stupid, useless sinner, not worth their time or effort."

I know, when I was having issues I had a well meaning christian (whom I called worse things than a moron) telling me that if I just got my life right with Jesus everything would be good! God would help me with my problems!

While it's true that God did and is helping me, the message was patronising at best and at worst - I was wondering if there was a form of death worse than crusifixion and how I would get away with it!

While this christian was trying their hardest to show me love and support, a knife in the back would have been more supporting! Seriously.

We need to think about our behaviour in life as though we are running an advertisement.  We have 1 -7 SECONDS to get our message across, and we need to make sure we are sending the right one... And while the one we are sending might be the truth, and the world might need to hear it...

I'm going to pick on all the anti-mosque/anti-muslim crap...

But before I get there - what is the difference between a nazi preaching anti-Jew stuff and a "christian" preaching anti-muslim stuff??? NOTHING!!!

We are ALL made in the image of Jehova! Christ came to die for ALL humans, nazi, mulsim, Jew, white, black, brown pink and purple (just trying to make sure I havent missed anybody out)!

Now, back to all the anti-mosque/anti-muslim crap...

While it might be the truth that the extreme ones behead people and blow themselves and other to pieces and what not... What did the "christians" do at the time of the crusades??? The tainted christian tag is no better than the muslim tag! And posting this shit at our favourite "social" hangout place is no better than the crusades!

Its not showing any love that I know of...

Here's an idea... instead of posting crap - maybe we should pray for them. From what I understand, Gods favourite thing to do is to show up in their dreams! How about we pray that God continues to show up in their (and our) dreams!

If I wanted to know that another muslim has killed themselves and untold numbers of others with a bomb - I'd watch the news! But the news is depressing and sick! ...

Go back to the 1-7 SECONDS of impression - the first impression is often the strongest and longest lasting...

Oh, and one more thing... whatever is pure, noble, worthy, of good character - dwell on these things and let no detestable thing come before your eyes! In other words - live with your eyes focused firmly on Jesus!

May Gods blessings shower down upon you. And may you be coated in the dust of your Rabbi!

Australian Watcher On The Wall
http://australianwatcheronthewall.blogspot.com.au

No comments: