Wednesday 9 April 2014

Oh how the mighty have fallen...

This morning I woke up somewhat distressed because of a dream.

In my dream, I was an observer. I did interact once or twice, but I was mostly an observer

The dream was set on a busy hilltop overlooking the ocean. There were two large highschools opposite each other. One of which was on fire. A bunch of teenagers had started the fire because they wanted to. The fire brigade was called and the fire eventually put out. But in the process of the fire being put out, the other school caught alight. I notified the firemen, simply because everyone was so laid back about the fire. Even to the point of sitting right next to where the grass was burning.

From there, I walked to a house where a huge bunch of teenagers where having a party. I watched as some of them decided to go down to the rocks next to the ocean. To the local colony of nesting sea birds. The sea was rough, everyone could see the storm brewing. The teenagers decided to throw rocks at the birds,  then they chased them away from the relative safety of the rocks, simply so the teenagers could take a half drunk swim. As a consequence of that, the teenagers had to be rescued, one died. I went to a different house. I saw a girl who was maybe 18 or 19 carrying another girl through the crowd of people. She said to me as she walked past, "she's dead". Then a boy around the same age started yelling out, about another youth, "he's dead. And you know why he's dead? He was stupid, he slept with anything, but he actually died a long time ago, ge was born gay and that was his problem". Everyone who listened, laughed. The party continued. No-one took any notice that people were passing out from mixing alcohol and various party drugs. They simply didn't care.

I left that house, to find yet more teenagers outside on the lawn. Getting drunk, some beating others up, and no-one doing anything to stop it or trying to help the wounded.

I could see the clouds, the lightning, the rain. The storm, huge and black moved closer and closer and everyone was totally oblivious to its destructive power! Some told me it was just a storm like every other one that's rolled in. But I've never seen a storm like that before.

In tears I slowly walked back to the first house, where, I walked through the crowd, and up the stairs, only to be confronted by yet more carnage and pain, a song, deep, sorrowful, but desperate welled up inside me, as a prayer not only for the people of that town, but for the people of this nation...

Blow mighty breath of God, move upon this place.
Blow mighty breath of God, wont You move in power and grace.

One person asked me if I was ok, did I need a drink? I told him to look around himself, what did he see? Whilst he saw the physical damage to property and buildings, which saddened him, he failed to see the pain in the hearts of the people. He didn't care that they were in pain and causing pain. He was sad about the material things that can be replaced. Not concerned about the people who cant be replaced. By the end, I'd lost count of the number of dead and wounded.

I feel that I had the great displeasure of seeing what humanity is, through Gods eyes. And what I felt was a great sadness. It overwhelmed me. We are apathetic, even in the face of great danger. We will put our lives at risk for some "fun" that could potentially kill us. We hurt ourselves and those around us and call it entertainment. We are hurting and lack the sense to go and get healed. We party on while the world around us is falling apart. We no longer recognise danger and take shelter.

When I looked in the eyes of some of those kids, I saw pain, anguish, anger and shame. How low have we sunk, and when are we going to do something about it!?

May Gods blessings shower down upon you. And may you be coated in the dust of your Rabbi!

Australian Watcher On The Wall
http://australianwatcheronthewall.blogspot.com.au

No comments: