Wednesday 24 July 2013

Things I've learnt from prayer ministry

In the past I had some very well meaning people come to me with lists of issues! Not their issues, my issues - or at least things that they thought were my issues! And I remember taking one such list and going through it and saying "that's not an issue, that's not am issue, that's not an issue..." I got to the end of the list and was told I was in denial! What a joke! I could identify that these "issues" were mere symptoms of an underlying root problem! And having had already been discussing my problems with God, He said to leave that one on the shelf for now, I was to work elsewhere!

Some people tend to get a little offended when you say that to them! But they are the ones in the wrong with trying to force their agenda!

Another thing is, if someone says to write down any issues/problems you may have to get dealt with... Its OK to not write anything down! Its also OK to struggle to write things down!

I went to a freed to live day ran by VMTC recently and we were asked to write stuff down! I struggled! Seriously struggled! In the end I wrote "the black bits" these are things that I know are there, but because of my wonderful ability to block out memories, I have no idea what they are!

I know that some people can write pages and pages of stuff down that they want to deal with! Some of us can't! Some of us don't see that we have anything to deal with right now! It OK because God knows what we need! God knows where we are at! And if it is Gods agenda to deal with something, He will make it known!

Something else I've learned... I can go to God and say I have this or that issue... And He'll say, "that's great, but were working here! You're not ready to go there yet!" Its because He knows me better than I know me!

Be encouraged, God knows you better than you think! He will open your eyes to His will for you, and that is what counts! While other peoples opinions are valid, God must always overrule! He knows what's best!

May Gods blessings shower down upon you. And may you be coated in the dust of your Rabbi!

No comments: