Tuesday 30 July 2013

I love it when God says...

During my time of prayer, whenever it was that I started going to the 6am meeting, I used to pray that God would do His will in any given situation! Its great to pray that, but its also crap!

Then there was the occasional time when God would ask me what I wanted to see in a given situation! Now, I thought that was cool!

But then God started to tell me to ask  Him to intervene in a given situation! Now that was awesome!

But then, of late, He's been asking me to ask Him to personally step into the situation and do the list of things that He tells me to ask Him to do!

Now, right at the beginning - it was "I have no idea what or how to pray"!! So praying for Gods will in the situation... It is great, simply because I was asking for God to do His will. But it was crap because it was a cop-out! It was the "lazy mans route"! Anyone can pray that way!

I'd get excited when God would ask me what I wanted in a situation! But this was a very occasional thing indeed!

Then asking God to intervene - while intervention is great - it still came across as "God, stay where you are, there in heaven, but send an angel or something to intervene in this"!!

Asking God to personally step into a situation is awesome! And He is asking me to ask Him to do it more often! Its what He wants to do! Be personal, and close to all His children, both the ones that know Him and the ones yet to know Him!

And, yes, there are still moments when I pray the Gods will thing!

May Gods blessings shower down upon you. And may you be coated in the dust of your Rabbi!

No comments: