Tuesday 7 May 2013

Morning prayer

Lord, I come before you and acknowledge you as Sovereign. You alone are Holy. Praise be to You.
I ask that You continue to work in the hearts and minds of Your people! I ask that You continue to soften us, and bring us to repentance before You! Teach us humility and respect! We have water down Your word at best and at worst, thrown it out completely! Lord, we as Your church repent of neglecting Your Word, and neglecting to teach and preach Your Word! May we start afresh in and with You!
Lord, You know better than I do, the different problems in my little section of Your church. I ask that You soften the hard hearts, heal the broken hearts and encourage the discouraged hearts.
Lord I lift up our Pastors to you. I ask that you grant them wisdom and discernment. Give them both sweet restful sleep! And speak to their hearts! They have the huge burden of leading this section of Your body, so I ask that they get enough sleep each night and are refreshed and renewed!
Lord, I ask, that in spite of us, Your Word will still be preached, that Your people of this country will rise together and repent and turn from our wicked ways, and that we would seek You wholeheartedly, and that we wouldn't stop seeking You! That no matter what, we would seek You. That we would seek Your face, that we would seek for relationship with You. That we wouldn't just seek what You can give us! And in seeking Your face, I ask that we be blessed. Blessed with knowing You. Blessed with a relationship with You. And blessed in whatever other way You see fit for each individual!
Lord, this nation needs to know You, not just know about You! Give us opportunities to share You with those around us! And may we be paying attention to see those opportunities! May we be blessings and not pains in the butt to those around us who don't yet know You! May we be filled with grace and mercy! And may Your name be praised!
In Jesus name, amen!

No comments: