Friday 31 May 2013

Ask and keep on asking

That is right where I fail! Because I ask once and stop asking!

I keep getting told that God will give me the desires of my heart! And then I wonder, why I don't yet have those desires!

Now what comes before that piece of scripture? Is is "seek the Lord with all your heart?" hang on, that doesn't sound quite right, "delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart"! (its in the bible somewhere -I've read it - if you want to know where, go find it!)

So what does that have to do with ask and keep on asking (ask and it you will get, seek and you will find, knock and the door will be open - my version of a new testament scripture.)? Well, don't you think we should delight ourselves in asking God for the desires of our hearts? Is that even right?

All I know is that while we delight ourselves in the Lord, we should also ask for the desires of our hearts!

Now here's something that people keep telling me! Apparently that word ask in its original language (of which I do not speak or read) says something like ask and keep on asking... Now, I would suggest (very strongly) that you do not take my word on this, but go and find out for yourself!

And apparently the seek and knock is the same as asking... Seek and continue seeking (until you have found) knock and keep on knocking (until the door is open). But again I (very strongly) recommend that you find this out for yourself!

As for me, I am about to grab some breakfast, a hot chocolate and sit at my computer once again, and ask (and most likely, keep on asking) God for this communion message I am supposed to be writing! Oh how I need inspiration! (Thankfully after yesterdays efforts and prayers I have some very, very loose ideas!)

May Gods blessings shower down upon you.

No comments: