Wednesday 16 September 2015

And another piece of dragon skin falls to the floor!

People need time to to see and admit they have crap (baggage, sin, unforgiveness, resentment)...

When God rocked up to my lounge room. For an instant, it was like He held a huge mirror. I looked. I saw. I turned away. Disgusted. Repulsed. Yet – He still loved. It was me I saw. Me. I cant even begin to describe what I looked like! I recognised me, but I didn't. I think that it was only by Gods help that

I recognised me. Here I am – years later. Waiting for him to continue pulling off the dragon skin piece by piece! I tried for years to pull it off myself, and found the struggle to be exhausting. I required help!

Help requires submission. And there lies the problem. Faith. Trust. For me – both of those blown apart! Not just shattered. Exploded. Gone.

 Submission requires trust. How do you submit when you have no ability to trust?

 He came. He saw. He loved. He held. When I couldn't, He did!

Submission requires faith. How do you submit when you have no understanding of faith and how it works?

 He came. He showed. He gave the ability. He brought to life what others had killed. Him. Only Him.

The One who has the power to create heaven and earth. The One who has the power to raise Christ from the dead. He saw. Me. He looked. He didn't turn away. He wasn't repulsed. He wasn't disgusted. He opened His arms and said, lets do this together. He still says lets do this together.

 He gave. Life for my death. Faith for my lack. Love for my hate and anger. More love for my rage. And healing where I needed it most. He gave forgiveness for my unforgiveness. He gave grace for my crimes. He gave mercy. And He gave yet more grace.

 Talk about long-suffering! Abounding in love and slow to anger! That's what His word says about Him. Abounding in love and slow to anger. Me – I was abounding in hate and quick to anger! Yet, He still saw. He still loved.

And another piece of dragon skin falls to the floor!

 I am the fiery dragon, hell bent on keeping all at bay. Only One can get through my defences. Only One has the power to survive my fire! And He doesn't come with a sword to kill. He comes with love. To heal. To transform. To rescue. To make free.

 He doesn't bring chains. He breaks them. Where others have tried to tame the wild beast. He sits and waits. Waits for the beast to learn that He will not cause more harm. While there will be pain as chains are removed. He does not come to cause harm! He comes to bring healing and freedom.

 People think that one should heal the beast before setting it free. But healing can't happen while it is in chains.

His wisdom runs deep!

He understands the heart. He formed the heart. He sets the beast free, then heals it! Transforms it into the person He created it to be!

And another piece of dragon skin falls to the floor!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like 😊